Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR but w/implications

To: Mike Lackey <mike_lackey@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR but w/implications
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:10:23 -0800
Yeah, after I wrote the note, I saw the 200 kilowatt output. I do not
know what the scaled to get down from to get to that number but my math
says only 20 megawatts. Most of our reactors are really big, lol... and
still thermal energy is about 3 to 1 in electical output. so still 600
kilowatts of heat has to go somewhere.  We designed a shipping cask for
exxon in the good old days at Boeing and were gonna ship 12 fuel bundles
just out of the reactor 90 days and each of those still produced 26 kw
of heat. That was enough to make the cask steam if rain fell on it...  I
suppose that the reactor and generator system would not necessarily have
to be really high pressure to get 200 kw.. but like you, I want to move
upwind of the apt building..

mayf