Re: [Land-speed] Single Cylinder Engine

To: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pahrump.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Single Cylinder Engine
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:11:00 -0800
Skip,

A couple of additional notes.

It was reported the the 1,500cc Honda F1 Turbo motor
used exhaust heat around the intake ports, probably
to help vaporize the fuel (5% Gasoline, 95% ???).

Good old Smokey Y. built a small engine that ran at very
high temperature, and never pinged. The fuel air mix
went through a small turbo that produced a homogeneous
fuel air charge. Boost was only a pound or two, it was
a mixer. It ran very strong and got good mileage.
It had spark ignition.

If HCCI improves the efficiency 40%, the HP should also
increase at least 30%.

Bryan