Re: [Land-speed] End of the High performance car???

To: jthorn65@sbcglobal.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] End of the High performance car???
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:20:08 EST
In a message dated 2/14/2008 2:03:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jthorn65@sbcglobal.net writes:

Don't  most of you remember this "end of performance" garbage in the  1970's?
The last of the performance cars are now called "Muscle cars," I wonder  what
they'll call today's big HP cars in the distant future?

A small efficient generator (running on ?) providing AC power  to 4 hub
motors will make for a very fast ride.
At least that's the  theory I'm currently working on   : )
Dodge had a concept pickup several years ago, called it the Contractor
special, never made production. Wheel motors in front hubs, RWD, big generator
feed the motors and provide job site power and for emergency black outs.  Put
a diesel in it and you'd think it would be a big seller, but?

Bob W

Awards. Go to AOL Music.