Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR - Americarna show in New Plymouth,

To: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>, Land speed list
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR - Americarna show in New Plymouth,
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xmission.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:45:12 -0700
Great post, Chris!  I loved the photos and the good energy they
exuded.  Must have been a wonderful time.

I could learn to like that.  "Winters" Down Under, summers back here
for the LSR season.  Where's my lottery ticket?  I had it some place....

I did a bit of a photo shoot (ok, I took some pics) at the Autorama
show in Salt Lake City last weekend.  USFRA had a display and John
Kecaks (owner of that ultra kool Model A speedster that was at Land's
end at last year's WoS:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/bsf2007/wos/20070913/20070913_314r8_jpg.html
) called and asked if he could use some of my photos.  I thought he
might combine a couple of 'em with other folks' pics and I told him,
"sure...as long as you credit 'em to "Ray the Rat."  We got a chuckle
over that and he went ahead with the deal.  When I got there, I found
that he'd made a pretty large poster display that was filled with
photos from my web site.  Wow!  I was very flattered and pleased with
what he'd done:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin08/080302/2008USFRA01_01r8_jpg.html
Great job, John.  Thanks for the vote of confidence in my pics.

Here's the url for the coverage of the whole show:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin08/Welcome.html  Conditions were a
bit challenging for photography, but I did a lot of exposure
bracketing and captured a few (few hundred) some photos and after
post-processing the hell out of 'em to deal with the glare and
multiple light sources, I think they turned out ok.  If ya happen to
check 'em out and find that I've messed up on the captioning, please
let me know so I can mend the error of my ways.

Ray the (shutterbug-type) Rat