[Land-speed] Racing but not LSR

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Racing but not LSR
From: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 22:10:32 -0700
The ACTIVE runway is 11,802 but if you include the displaced threshold at
each end it is close to your 14k number. I have landed there a few times and
the south 1,000 ft threshold and runway would be suitable for LSR.  However,
the north 1,000 ft was in ill repair and would be very expensive to fix
since it is about 12" thick concrete. The runway is 150 ft wide and not 300
ft. It has been a few years since I have been there, but there is a very
nice air museum. The airport is an active county airport (a gift from the
Air force) and it could not be used for racing. RRP is a development on
1,200 acres near by, but not next to the airport. There is a Federal High
Security Prison near the south end. Maybe prisoners could be course workers!
-Elon

From: BWANA343@aol.com

If you check out an aerial shot from Google, the original Castle AFB runway

totals over 14000 ft, seems a shame it can't also be utilized for LSR. It's

also 300 ft wide.