[Land-speed] Speedometers...

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Speedometers...
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:50:26 -0700
I've alwaysliked the idea of having a speedo on my dash. I have a 0 - 30
mph unit but it always needs tobe calibrated. I may do that this summer
if I can get to the salt and tow the car through a measured mile. I
already have this unit installed and in place.  But, I have been
thinking abot GPS based items. I see a coupl eof them marked with speeds
to 180 mph and a software package that turns something into a unit that
goes to 210 mph with highest speed recall.

So I am likely the only guy who wants one towatch while motoring down
the course, but maybe there is oneof you that also has tried one and
found something that works? I'd be interested to know. I remember Otto
using one in the ankle biter but it got vibrated to death.

So anybody else use one for high speeds?

mayf