[Land-speed] Electrical Wiring in Race Car

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Electrical Wiring in Race Car
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 07:29:59 -0700 (PDT)
Does anybody know of a website that has a reference chart on wire sizes needed
to wire a car.  Maybe a street rod site or something.  I'm re-wiring my race
car and need some help.  I'm not too concerned with wire sizes to each device,
as most of them had pigtails and I figure I can just use the same size or next
size larger. I even have instructions left for some items. I'm concerned with
what size lead I need going to the master fuse panel. I need to supply a
monster fuel pump, three cooling fans, the ignition, electric water pump, etc.
Originally, I took all of the individual leads directly off of a master
disconnect switch, so they were supplied directly from a battery cable.  Now,
I'm going to go from the master switch to a fuse panel, and then to individual
toggles. What size wire needs to supply that fuse panel?
  thanks
  DickJ
  In east Texas
http://mail.yahoo.com