[Land-speed] Engine Analyzer Software

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Engine Analyzer Software
From: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:02:12 -0700
Dave, I bought a one year, 2-seat, license, for Fluent for my former company
in 2004.  It cost $37,000 and included one week of training for two people.
That was a license; we could not make an outright purchase! We sent two
brilliant engineers to the one week class. They both came back indicating
how difficult the class was!  They continued to labor with the software for
a year but lost interest due to the time it was taking them away from other
demands. The license was not renewed.  I notice that JCB owns multi-seat
licenses of Fluent! If you are premier world class manufacturer and
competitor to Caterpillar I can see how Fluent would be an excellent R & D
tool to optimize fluid systems. I lust after such software tools; however,
as an amateur LSRer, I'll have to settle for an aged SuperFlow bench on
eBay.  :-)   -Elon