[Land-speed] Radiator Catch Cans...

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Radiator Catch Cans...
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:23:42 -0700
I have a trunk mounted "catch can" right now. The overflow comes in from
the radiator pressure cap and enters the can (actually a 3 gallon or so
SS tank, lol). The tank has a over flow tube itself and that dumps
overboard. Not a likely event because the can holds more that the
radiator and engine combined. But, I need to replace it with something
smaller as the space where the tank is curenly located is going to be
occupied by a water injection system pump and tank. I see that Summit
has plastic catch cans that hold a qt or so, but it looks like they are
non vented types. The overflow comes in at the top and there is a drain
valve at the bottom for clean out. Is this something I want to use or is
there something better but still reasonable in cost? Seems to me that as
water or steam comes into the overflow it is going to compress the air
trapped inside making it not so efficient?  In any case is it even
necessary? Do all of you other folk have radiator overflow catch cans?
If so, what are you using that is new and novel or just plain usefull?

mayf, way off and far out in Pahrump where the )(&^%)^^%$( wind
continues to blow