Re: [Land-speed] World of Speed vs. August Speed Weeks

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] World of Speed vs. August Speed Weeks
From: David Dymaxion <david_dymaxion@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 11:50:18 -0700 (PDT)
Both events are great fun. Here are some things I personally especially like
about World of Speed ( http://www.saltflats.com ):

The 130 club lets you run an everyday street car between 130 and 140 mph -- you
should give it a try, it is great fun. The only special gear you need is a
helmet and securely mounted fire extinguisher, plus a roll bar if a convertible
or T-tops.

I like how you can get close to the starting line at WoS for spectating. Since
WoS only does 1 way runs this can be done safely.

I like that WoS has streamliners and fast sedans, but also some unusual
vehicles. Last year had a demolition derby car, 2 electrathons, and an electric
dragster. I also like that many older cars run, and things like the stock 40 hp
VW bug class.

Things are pretty spread out, so I liked bringing my bicycle as a way to wander
around.