Re: [Land-speed] roof flaps

To: Benn <karhu@california.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] roof flaps
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:01:36 -0400
On May 28, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Benn wrote:

Anyone have a sense of how tricky the design of roof flaps is?
Specifically,
wondering if I might incorporate them into my MR2.  It would be nice
to keep
the shiny side up if the car spun at speed.  I'm pretty ignorant
about these
and how they work.   I assume they must be positioned exactly right
on the
roofline to both stay shut during forward motion and open readily as
the yaw
angle gets to the critical point.  Thoughts?

Benn

Benn, go to landracing.com and search -- there's been a good bit of
discussion on roof flaps.  Also consider going to Sumner Patterson's
site (www.purplesagetradingpost.com) and start clicking around.  I
think he has some roof flap-specific information on there, too.

Jon , tall guy with moustache
and two 200 MPH Club hats