Re: [Land-speed] Too Quiet Out There

To: neil@dbelltech.com, 'land-speed submit' <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Too Quiet Out There
From: <ifixmgs@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 0:41:16 -0400
Let's see....
- tractor cluch crapped out: parts $1000, labor 10  unpaid knuckle skinning
hours so far to split it in half .   Still waiting on 2 bearings and a
linkage....
-  wife totalled her car : out of pocket for new wheels $5,800 (she's  finally
recovered from the airbag's  roundhouse right ...)
-  plumbing flood on first floor and crawlspace:  $13,700   Thanks to  Chubb
Insurance's   "get it fixed, send us the bill and get back to life"  zero
hassle claim service.  Even so, we're still  cooking and washing dishes  on the
back deck and the remodeling has eaten  about sixty hours of our time that we
really don't have to spare...
- Drag car wouldn't fire up after driving onto the trailer and wasting nearly a
C-note in gas to haul it to the race track and back last Sunday.    Still
haven't figured it out (intermittent fuel pressure and spark)
- Shifter kart wadded up a chain during race on  Memorial Day and took out a
brand new tire and brake assy.

But today's our anniversary  -  we spent the whole day at Norfolk's
HarborFest/Parade of Tall Ships  -   forgot all  about the minor inconveniences
that sometimes take the focus away from what's really important - stuff like
cutting and grinding and welding for fun...