[Land-speed] Scott Kalitta

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, dklogic@verizon.net, hola.joey@yahoo.com,
Subject: [Land-speed] Scott Kalitta
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 09:49:19 EDT
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DziJdGwFQjU_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DziJdGwFQjU)

Scott Kalitta crash...
He got the chute out, but looks like it didn't work, could not tell if  there
was any token deceleration from brakes, and obviously the motor was gone,  so
no BHP either. Turning was not an option at speed, and the shutoff area was
insufficient considering all the aforementioned.
Sorry if I sound like Monday morning guy, but I don't see a way to avoid
this outcome at these speeds at a typical drag venue. All the serious high
speed
cars are totally dependent on the chutes, and even in LSR, where we have
room to stop, my take is it's the chutes are the most often cause of  problems.
Be interesting to see the engineering advances to alleviate this, at least
in NHRA's legal dept.
Bob, all in my very humble newbie opinion, W

fuel-efficient used cars.