[Land-speed] Water Injection -- Too Much???

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Water Injection -- Too Much???
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:54:12 -0700
List,

I have only heard of one instance in the last 35 years where a high
level of water injection  may  have caused a problem.

Jack Lufkin, using a BBC twin turbo setup with huge alcohol/ice cooled
intercoolers couldn't build boost. The problem was solved by leaving
the intercooler water pump and the water injection off until the 1-2 shift.

Has anyone heard of a situation where someone reduced the amount of
water injected and gained power?

Thanks for any comments,
Bryan

I hope this hasn't been discussed in the past. If so, I'm sorry.