Re: [Land-speed] Thresher

To: <sparky.2211@cox.net>, "Jim Auguston" <jauguston@msn.com>, "joseph
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Thresher
From: "Glenn Neimeyer" <gneimeyer@apex2000.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 00:19:47 -0500
  Several changes were put in place which became the "Subsafe " requirement
for future boat construction in the sixties. I was assigned to her sister
ship the Barb, SSN-596, from ' 74 - '77 (Refit/overhaul, new core, initial
sea trials, first WestPac). I could have gone aboard Thresher and found my
way blindfolded anywhere aft of frame 52 ( the Nuc half of the boat).

Glenn in West Texas
"Submarines are the only boats the Navy owns"
MM2 (SS)