Re: [Land-speed] High mileage homebuilts

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, "LandSpeed List"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] High mileage homebuilts
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:03:11 -0700
Dave --
I sympathize with you regarding Connecticut's approach to registering
vehicles.  I used to live in New Jersey where it was similarly difficult to
register anything homebuilt.  California has always been much more liberal.
I believe that as long as a vehicle passes the reasonable safety
requirements of the DMV referees and meets the smog requirements for the
engine you use you are "in".  Any CA guys on this list been through that in
the last year or so?  Am I anywhere near correct in my statement above?
Ed Weldon