Re: [Land-speed] Pops Motorsport

To: "Rich Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>, "landspeed@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Pops Motorsport
From: "Doug Odom" <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:28:47 -0700
Rich, Everyone is in fine shape. Not even any sore spots.
 I drove the liner on a easy shake down run Monday to 236mph and everything
handled good. We did ruin a oil line because it was to close to the header
pipe. Made some new lines and heat shield Tues.  Gail wanted to drive so I
told her if anything didn't feel right to just pull off and keep it under
6000 rpm.   She went 240 and everything was going good. She got the high
speed chute out and was slowing down. When she hit the low speed chute it
kited and lifted the rear of the car. I have not had a chance to see the
videos so this is just observation from a couple of people. The car is
unhurt from the bulkhead behind the front tires to the bulkhead behind the
rear tires and all the safety restrains worked just like the are supposed
to. I should more when I see the videos. We are home now and I will try and
send a picture later.
Doug Odom in big ditch