[Land-speed] Calibrating My Speedometer...

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Calibrating My Speedometer...
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:49:07 -0700
Well, remember all the discussion we had on letting me calibrate my
speedometer? And that no one was allowed to tow their vehicle down the
course? Well that was a lie, lol. I saw any number of vehicles being
towed down the course during the drivers inspection of the course. Must
just be me and my charming personality..not!  But never the less, I
calibrated it anyway. On the way to the tech inspection, I got out of
the truck, went to the car, turned dash power on, placed the speedometer
into the program mode got into the truck, reset the trip indicatio,
drove a mile, got out, went back to the car and pressed the program
button. End of job. Takes 5642 pulses to equal a  mile.  Now, being able
to look at it is another matter altogether...

mayf