Re: [Land-speed] Stone woods and Cook Gasser...

To: Ed Weldon <23.weldon@comcast.net>, Dave Dahlgren
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Stone woods and Cook Gasser...
From: Doug Anderson <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 04:25:29 +0000
      " I just can't get into these media circuses that call themselves
racing... "

          AMEN,   Ed

c heers to ya , ' Dirt Track Doug '

-20 miles from Square Deal Raceway,

        -21 miles east of Action Park Speedway,

        -63 miles northeast of Champion Speedway

       -105 miles south of  ' The Syracuse
Mile ' ...

       -241.4 miles north of Williams Grove Speedway

       -2247 miles due east of the Bonneville Salt
Flats

but never more than a few feet from a cold one
-------------------------- oooo ---------------------------
              Wise words from the ancients   -especially in light of America's
' big-money racing' :

                     VULGAS VULT DECEPI   - Phaedrus

                                           (  the ( common )  people wish to
be deceived  )

+

> From: 23.weldon@comcast.net
> To: ddahlgren@snet.net; kturk@ala.net
> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:17:22 -0700
> CC: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Stone woods and Cook Gasser...
>
> Don Garlits was a fantastic innovator and had supreme drag racing skills,
> not only in the driver's seat but throughout the operation of a drag racing
> team.  The top fuel dragsters were what turned drag racing from an amateur
> hot rodders' sport into a a big time professional racing enterprise.
> That's why I'm a landspeed racer.  I voted for Stone Woods Cook because it
> was a real car and as near to a real hot rod (IMHO) as any on the voting
> list.  Sorry, I just can't get into these media circuses that call
> themselves racing......
> Ed Weldon

TF
> > dragsters as they are now built are his creation... That seems wildly
more
> > important than a door slammer,,LOL,.....  Dave

 Just found out that the Stone Woods and Cook Gasser is up for TOP drag car of
all time... .........Keith