Re: [Land-speed] Portable Weighing Device

To: "LSR" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Portable Weighing Device
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:11:20 -0700
Mayf,
     As usual this is not a direct answer to your question but another way
to get what you want. When I wanted the corner weights for our roadster I
made a lever so I could put the tire on it with a bathroom scale under the
other end. I made blocks for the other three wheels to make the car level
when it was being weighed. Just had to multiply the scale reading by the
lever ratio. All the jacking and moving is a fiddly, time consuming way to
do it but my time is real cheap these days.

Jim in Palmdale

And by the way, if your car weighs 3500 lbs like mine, the lever has to be
mucho stout.