[Land-speed] OT: Live and direct from the salt flats 1 of ???

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: [Land-speed] OT: Live and direct from the salt flats 1 of ???
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xmission.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:06:04 -0600
OSU is here with there Hydrogen-powered liner.  They have a wifi
repeater set up for folks to use.  54mbit, but far superior to
nothing at all.

I've had to resort to some very quick photo editing and a photobucket
account, but here are some of the shots I made during the Poteet &
Main Speed Demon turnaround and return launch:
http://photobucket.com/RayTheRat_Poteet-Main_Turnaround

They're running by FIA rules which means a run in each direction with
a 1 hour turnaround time for cars and  2 hour time for bikes.  Don't
ask me why.  No idea...maybe because they're French.  :)

That liner (powered by a 2.2 liter turbo motor) ran 390 mph one way
and destroyed one of its front tires along the way.  They barely got
it replaced and the other stuff done in time for the return.  On that
run, the car caught fire somehow/somewhere and ended up with an
average of 345 and change.  The driver (George Poteet) was unharmed
as far as I know.  That's gotta be the all time  record for an F
class Blown Fuel Liner...and for a 4-banger at that!

Back to work shootin photos.

RtR