Re: [Land-speed] Modified street cars in Calif.

To: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>, "landspeed@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Modified street cars in Calif.
From: Doug Anderson <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 03:07:26 +0000
 AH YES  AMERICA ,..  "THE LAND OF THE FREE,  THE HOME OF... "

     OH WAIT;   THAT WAS "BEFORE "

     THIS IS 'AFTER'  AIN'T IT ?                -SORRY.

c heers, ' Dirt Track Doug '

       -105 + miles southeast of the world famous 'Syracuse
Mile '
       -241.4  miles north of the Williams Grove Speedway pit shack
       -2247  or so miles due east of the marvelous Bonneville Salt
Flats

but never more than a few feet from a cold one          Cold Beer, Hot Blues,
and warm willin' wimin' our specialty,..  as well as

             Speedway Bikes, Minibikes and Harley- D's rode with equal joy,
Dog Training,  Murdersickle Parts,  Emergency Airship repair, Hot air,
                  Aerial Surveillance, Corrupt Politicians exposed, and
Midgets, Sprint Cars

                              -and 'Slide Jobs'  truly appreciated  for the
FINE ART  that they are

 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

> From: dlodom@charter.net
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 18:01:44 -0700
> Subject: [Land-speed] Modified street cars in Calif.

 A word to the wise for California drivers. The Cal. Highway Patrol are
getting
 prepared for a big crack down on street racers. They have become a bigger
 problem than drunk drivers in some places. They will be setting up road
checks
 in the areas the street racers seem to hang out. They have to stop everyone
           ( remember, they can't profile or the ACLU will go nuts).

They will be looking  for any part that is not OEM and does not have a CARB #.
This includes things like MSD box or any adjustable timing or fuel device.

Now even if your car is  old enough to not need a smog certificate it still
must have
the OEM equipment  on it and hooked up. If you have a 70 Mustang or Camaro and
have
 an after  market air filter you can get a citation. You will have to take it
to the
 state referee and get everything checked and signed off. They have been
 finding many Japanese cars with the wrong motors in them. Even with the
serial
 numbers changed they can be caught.