Re: [Land-speed] Killacycle LSR attempt

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Killacycle LSR attempt
From: David Dymaxion <david_dymaxion@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:32:11 -0800 (PST)
Bryan, you are absolutely right on the A123 batteries. These batteries are
definitely game-changers, now all we need is for them to be cheaper. On my
Camaro, I estimate if I removed all the gas stuff, put in 400 lbs of electric
motors, and the rest of the missing weight in A123 batteries, the car would
have 900 hp at the same weight! These batteries produce as much as 4 kW / kg
-- that's about 2 rwhp per pound of battery!