[Land-speed] Racing at Lake Gairdner

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Racing at Lake Gairdner
From: "Graham Hatfield" <ghatfiel@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:52:14 +1100
Hi all, not posted via this E-mail forum before, but though I throw in my 2C
worth. I'm a member of the DLRA, and the facts that we have so far are
sketchy, BUT.. I do know that the situation is very sensitive, and must be
approached in the correct manner. The DLRA hierarchy have asked that we
E-mail certain people to get the parties together to discuss how racing may
continue with all 'stakeholders' approval. So, please bear with us, I am
sure that when the DLRA need help from you guys in the US we will holler up
at the right moment!

Regarding the 'sensitivity' issue, some of the things said in Keith Turks
E-mail to this forum are the types of statements that would definitely
inflame this situation. I am aware of all that Keith does for the LSR
community and I congratulate him, I know he is a top guy and I can feel his
enthusiasm in the E-mail! However, as I said, I am told we must approach
this in a 'sensitive' manner!

For what it's worth, I have heard nothing about any drilling on the lake by
anyone.

Hope this helps, maybe someone else in the DLRA can add to this...