Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR: remember her?

To: "landspeed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR: remember her?
From: <ifixmgs@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 7:40:19 -0500
 My mom's youngest brother at  16   was a rich-kid JD ,  private school drop
out who drove a ragged looking custom 51 ford with a glovebox full of tickets,
smoked Luckies and sported a ducks ass 'do.   And in spite of her death-penalty
warnings for him NOT to teach or show me ANYTHING that she didn't first approve
of,  by 1954 Uncle Johnny had  secretly and completely corrupted me. He let  me
read his Hot Rods (answering THAT question...)   and when I was about eight,
under the guise of going out for ice cream, he  took me to a car club meeting
where the walls of the club house garage  were plastered with centerfold
pin-ups.     I was speechless.  A whole parking lot filled with hot rods, and a
whole room filled with both nekked women. What more could an eight year old
gearhead wannabe need from life besides maybe a chopped and channeled Western
Flyer -  a subscription to Playboy?