Re: [Land-speed] Dry Sump

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Dry Sump
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pahrump.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 07:51:01 -0800
Yes we did go through this a while back but power required to drive
the pumps was not discussed that I saw. Hence my question. It appears
that the actual numbers are hard to get or nobody has them (which I
doubt). Positive oil pressure during shutdown is the real reason I
would consider a dry sump. Windage problems will happen with or
without. Do I really need one?  I could check the rod bearings on the
cap end to see couldn't I?

Skip