Re: [Land-speed] Non-LSR Hydraulic Hybrids

To: "'Ed Weldon'" <23.weldon@comcast.net>, <BWANA343@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Non-LSR Hydraulic Hybrids
From: <neil@dbelltech.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 11:02:52 -0700
Ed;

5000psi in a hydraulic accumulator is a bit scary in a vehicle. I'd rather
not have an energy storage system that might go "bang" in a crash. Making
the accumulator wall thickness larger increases its weight and winding it
with carbon fibers makes it $$$. I dread the hydraulic fluid leaking out of
that 5000psi system on to the road, too.

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ