Re: [Land-speed] Rear Pump

To: <saltfever@comcast.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Rear Pump
From: "Doug ............." <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 00:40:18 +0000
   hi fellers

         - it's prolly a Kinsler.  Check Speedway Motors online first.

       those are very pop'lar in the Sprinter 'community'    (hows that for
"PC" ?  ;-)

c heers,   'Dirt Track Doug '

       -105 + miles south of the world famous 'Syracuse
Mile '
       -241.4  miles north of the Williams Grove Speedway pit gate
       -2247  or so miles due east of the marvelous Bonneville Salt
Flats

but never more than a few feet from a cold one         Cold Beer, Hot Blues,
and warm willin' wimin' is what we're all about....

             Speedway Bikes, Minibikes and Harley- D's rode with equal joy,
Dog Training,   Bear neutering,  Emergency Airship repair,  Hot air ,
                  Aerial Surveillance, Corrupt Politicians exposed,  Midgets,
Sprint Cars

                              -and 'Slide Jobs'  truly appreciated  for the
FINE ART  that they are

> From: saltfever@comcast.net
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:37:51 -0800
> Subject: [Land-speed] Rear Pump

 Rick: I have seen the pump drive Brian is talking about.
However, for the life of me (and a search of my favorites) I can't find the
brand name.
> know Tilton and Quarter Master all make rear mounted starters for sprint
cars.
I thought one of them offered the rear mounted pump drive but I can't find it.
However, Waterman makes a great cable drive that opens up many possibilities
for you!
http://www.watermanracing.com/dirt_modified_kit.htm

 I agree that a mechanical pump (with its greater power density) is far better
than any electrical unit.

 I get the digest and don't see replies in real time. Apologies if this
redundant.  -Elon