Re: [Land-speed] trailer ramps

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>, land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] trailer ramps
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:16:27 -0500 (EST)
Jim I found the best thing to use was metal scaffoldng "planks". They are 8" to
12" wide and different lengths up to 10'. Some have slip resistant coating or
holes which help in keeping them light weight. I trimmed an angle where they
met the ground with a cut off wheel and welded an steel angle at the trailer
for attachment. I had straps under the trailer for storage but they could be
placed in many places on or under the trailer. My coupe and roadster both
weighed over 3000# so I'm sure they will handle what you need without a lot of
construction on your part.