Re: [Land-speed] ratchet wrenches (NONE LSR)

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] ratchet wrenches (NONE LSR)
From: "John Szalay" <jpszalay01@insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:31:23 -0500
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <ed@vetteracing.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:09 PM
To: <neil@dbelltech.com>; "'Benn'" <karhu@california.com>;
<land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] ratchet wrenches

> Neil,
>
> Righty-tighty
> Lefty-loosey
> 0-)
>
> Ed V

Reminds me of the stencils on the NASA 747 shuttle carrier aircraft.
on the mountings points where they attach the shuttle to 747 are little
messages to the crew doing the work...

one sez"

CAUTION PLACE OBITER(sic) HERE
      BLACK SIDE DOWN

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Shuttle_mounting_point.JPG

and another site has a different angle shot.. right under the photo of the
747 itself..

http://edwards.airshowjournal.com/2003/

Reportedly the  One other is stenciled with

LEFTY LOOSY
RIGHTY TIGHTY

Haven't  found a photo of it yet, but  I have it from good authority that's
its there..