Re: [Land-speed] Speed Week Daily Schedule....

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Speed Week Daily Schedule....
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:09:15 -0500
On Jan 30, 2009, at 3:06 PM, drmayf wrote:

I know the event starts on the 7th. Is that day for pit setup and
inspections? Is Saturday the drivers meeting and racing start?

I am asking because a couple of guys want to come and see the show but
they wont be able to be here long. They want to know the Best Days to
see as much as they can see.

mayf

Mayf:

I'm pretty sure that Friday is inspection/setup/open to the public
day.  I think (also) that no admittance for racers/crews/trailers will
be allowed before Friday -- although I could be wrong and folks will
be allowed to enter Thursday.  Don't believe me -- wait for official
word on that.

Racing will start Saturday, like it has in the recent past (except for
last year) after the morning driver's meeting and the course ride/
rookie orientation.

Tell your buddies to be there Friday and Saturday if they've only got
two days -- although Saturday and Sunday would also be good viewing.

We've got snow snakes here in Skandia -- no desert roses.

       Jon Wennerberg
Tall guy with moustache
and a pair of 2 Club hats