Re: [Land-speed] Car Spins

To: LandSpeed List <Land-speed@autox.team.net>, John Burk
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Car Spins
From: Rich Fox <v4gmr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:09:32 -0700 (PDT)
Bob Herda, The Markleys, I think Kenze and Leslie all used swing axle rear
ends for pretty much the same reason. Al Holoway built what is now my roadster
with the same rear end and spun it,but that was caused by the transmission
locking up. The Stay in School roadster sapun pretty much all the time until
last year when he took out the suspension and almost all the caster. This
after listening to Jack Costella and seeing the model he made to deminstrate
how excess caster affects the rear wheel loading when steering. My Vega has 2
degrees caster and everyone who has driven it comented on how it's a one hand,
on rails car. Up to 208. No idea what comes aftewr that