[Land-speed] Sunbeam Suspension

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Sunbeam Suspension
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:13:08 -0700
part 3

Total car weight with lard simulator = 3060 pounds
Weight bias is 43% front 57% rear.  To counter that I have added a big
spoiler...

The last item was how much  the caster weight transferred.. While I
could not measure the front wheels in the as turned condition, I did
measure the rear corners when the fronts were turned from one lock to
the other.

Full left turn    RR = 900 # for an increase of 30 #
Full right turn  LR = 900 # for an increase of 40 #

Does that castigate caster? Should we ban caster forever? Nah, YMMV, lol.

I did learn that short stiff cars are the very dickens to mess with.  I
learned tha tI know next to nothing about setting up a race car for the
salt. It can be a frustrating experience. I hope like hell that I am
done with it, lol....

I do wan tto say that it rolls realy really easy. A one hand push in the
shop. And that not much force applied at all.

Comments? Questions?

mayf

end of story...

no part 4