[Land-speed] Blower pulleys and belts

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Blower pulleys and belts
From: Skip Higginbotham <Saltrat@pahrump.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:32:18 -0700
Yes, the ratio is simple. Once you have a ratio then you have to find
a belt that is close to the right length. In order to do that, you
need the pitch (8MM in my case) and then a tooth count to match up
with your c to c dimension. Having done that, you then go back and
look at the ratio/tooth count charts to verify that the desired ratio
has the correct tooth count.
OK, but the charts from various helpful supercharger companies vary
as to belt size and tooth count. I have printed all the charts that I
can find, compared them and they don't agree totally.

I am looking for a formula that I can calculate the ratio and belt
length for my c to c dimension. Or if I have a desired ratio, a
desired tooth count that fits within the available belt parameters.
Pulley diameters would also work, I would think.

Thanks,
Skip