Re: [Land-speed] SCTA Run data

To: "Kirkwood" <saltfever@comcast.net>, "land-speed"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] SCTA Run data
From: "23weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 07:37:29 -0700
Kirkwood --

Highlight and copy the table from the SCTA-BNI website (to your clipboard)
and "Paste Special" as "Unformatted Text" into a blank Word document. If you
change the text size down to 8 it will be clear to read on the Word document
if that's all you want to do. Then save the document as a .txt file.  Now
close the file.  (Excel won't import if the Word .txt file is open.

Open Excel and go to "Data", "Get External Data", "Import Text File" and
browse for the file.

Highlight the file and click on "Import".

A "Text Import Wizard" box will appear.  This data set is a tab delimited
file which is the default for this Wizard; so just click the "Next" button.
You can click through the following "Next" buttons to the "Finish" and you
will have your Excel spreadsheet ready for data sorting.  Or you can follow
the instructions for a different format or placement on an existing Excel
worksheet you have already worked on.
Ed Weldon