[Land-speed] An Oily Question...

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] An Oily Question...
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 18:28:39 -0700
Just for curiosity sake, just how much oil is actually pumped through a
motor say during a run of 5 miles at  some nominal speed? I know that
the oil pump in my wet sump bypasses a lot of oil so it mush have lots
more capability than actually needed    Anyone ever done an experiment
where they hook up their dry sump return oil to a separate tank and just
see how much oil is pumped per second? Or minute or?  Or is there a web
site somewhere I might go look for answers.  I have a project in mind
where I want to pump oil through the motor once only and I am trying to
guess how big an oil tank might be needed for a run of about 2 minutes
plus some reserve.

mayf.