[Land-speed] Salt update -- Tuesday afternoon

To: LSR LIST <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Salt update -- Tuesday afternoon
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:58:34 -0400
Here it is -- the latest.  We're going to have a full-length event,
but starting racing one day later.  We'll race all day Saturday and
half of Sunday -- there's the extra day.  Tomorrow we'lll finally be
able to go to the pits to set up, have a drivers meeting, then start
racing immediately thereafter.

The course will be a full 7 miles long, with about two more of okay
salt for those who might need it.  There'll be the usual sep[arate
course for the 130 Club.

The course is still damp -- some standing water here and there, but
getting better by the hour.  The pits have standing water at the
extreme west (mountain side) border, but otherwise are dry enough to
set up.  The water on the salt is still wet enough (vs. damp and
sticky) that none sticks to the tires and underbody of the pickup.  I
hope it gets way drier on the race course, of course -- it's wet
enough right now to be really slick.

Nice turnout -- the Vesco #444 'liner is here, a bunch of the regulars
(Ed Van Scoy and Bob Ragsdale come to mind, and Joe Amo and his bike,
and Jon is here, too, as well, of course, as Nancy who'll try to bump
her record to over 200 on our production bike).  A fair turnout of 130
Club cars and bikes, the batch of Austin Healeys and the group of Mini
Coopers.

I could go on, but you get the idea.  It looks, in review, that all
will be fine at World of Speed 2009.

Later --

Jon