[Land-speed] Old LSR Racer - First Fire-Up After Restoration

To: land-speed-digest <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Old LSR Racer - First Fire-Up After Restoration
From: jgmagoo@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 18:01:01 +0000 (UTC)
An interesting video clip of a 1905 Darracq Land Speed Racing car being fired
up for the first time after a 2.5-year restoration.

I assume this would have been classified as a 'Lakester'..??B B B B  ;o)B B
;o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4GCIPnjhzY

(w/sound)

I picked this up of off an extremely good thread from the H.A.M.B. entitled
"History Of Auto Racing,

1894-1944"

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380814

I would recommend this thread to any ofB you snow-bound gear-heads with some
(serious)B time to kill.

It has some very good photographs of very early racing machinery and some
posts from some very knowledgeable people on the subject.

JG Magoo