[Land-speed] Electronics

To: 23.weldon@comcast.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: [Land-speed] Electronics
From: race427@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:33:41 -0500
Ed,

    The entire automotive industry among others is totally governed by
electronics.  Electronic parts are less expensive to manufacture than
mechanical parts. Electronic stuff does not wear out, it burns out or
simply fails.   Much more difficult to diagnose, requires specialized
tools and equipment, much smarter people to do the work.  Call them
mechanics or technicians, it does not matter, the bottom line is they
must be smarter to survive in today's automotive world. They must also
make a huge investment in tools and equipment.    Cars, trucks are no
longer easy to work on.  But, we already know this.  :)   I teach
automotive tech to high school kids,  most do not see the big picture.
Still too young and immature.   Maybe when they get older and have to
survive in the real world.

  Tony