Re: [Land-speed] Land-speed Digest, Vol 4, Issue 62

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Land-speed Digest, Vol 4, Issue 62
From: "Kirkwood" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:45:14 -0700
Since I don't have a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) I would probably use
a string to measure completely around the flathead CC. It may be the lineal
distance around the flathead CC is much greater than an OHV. Thus more bolts
needed for clamping force over a greater lineal distance.

From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
I am curious about something. That is the number of head bolts/studs on
flathead engines. (snip)  . . . What's up with all the bolts on a low comp
enigine?
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive