[Land-speed] NOW almost LSR related CARB SCHOOL

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] NOW almost LSR related CARB SCHOOL
From: "Adin, David" <DavidAdin@mercydurango.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:51:32 -0600
Motor in question: 302/ 650 holley/ no choke/ mechanical secondaries

I understand Holley sets these up for 70 degrees sea level.  It came w/
69 and 75 mains, 41airbleed mains and 69 air bleed idle.  It has a ?65?
power valve. (the motor pulls about 9" of vacuum at idle - I ordered a
couple of 45 power valves)

Symptom: during a long pull it just keeps getting richer and richer
until it misses (about 10:1 a/f )

Cause: I am at 6600 ft elevation.

Is there a formula to figure the jet changes?  Holley says 1 jet size
per 2000 feet.  What about the air bleeds?

Or am I doomed to discover the satisfaction of testing until I find a
good combo?????

Thanks in advance!

I remain the dummy from Durango.
Land-speed@autox.team.net