Re: [Land-speed] Way OFF Topic: Ford Ranger Speed Parts

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Way OFF Topic: Ford Ranger Speed Parts
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 11:27:03 -0600
drmayf wrote:
> My youngest son has a 1997 Ford Ranger Splash that has the small 3.0L
> V6. I think this is the Probe motor from a few years ago.  Are speed
> parts available for this puppy? Cam, lifters, headers, etc?  Anyone
> point me to a web site which might have info? Yes, I know a zillion
> small block fords have been swapped in but I do not want to go in that
> direction. Turbo, maybe, lol...

If memory serves me right this is the engine that was also used in the
Mazda 6 sedans of the same time frame.  And I believe there was a turbo
version, so perhaps looking into Mazda tuners might help.

mjb.
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive