Re: [Land-speed] Tires...

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Tires...
From: Ed Purinton <ecpurinton@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:01:58 -0400
Firestone Firehawk PV41 P225/70R15, V rated, 27.4" overall dia, 6.0-7.5" rim
width.

Designed for use on pursuit vehicles, probably a special order at your local
'stone dealer unless they supply a small local PD or FD Dept that might have
an older Crown Vic or such still in service.  All season [including mud and
snow] rating if you ever want to use them on a daily driver.  Also available
in 16" with a slightly smaller overall dia.

Buddy has run them for 3 years on his roadster topping out at 175 at
Loring.  No issues yet other than Speedweek inspectors preferred he
run another set of more rounded profile MT Sportsman's to lessen any
potential hydroplaning effects on the salt.  He followed thier advice so we
haven't got any results from running them on the salt.

                           Ed Purinton