Re: [Land-speed] My adventure

To: Rich Fox <v4gmr@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] My adventure
From: NT788@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 20:52:12 +0000 (UTC)
The french rule makes flathead "Lovers" spend more $. Bad! Jack

One interisting thing Jim told me was that he could not understand the SCTA not
accepting the French blocks in XF. I explained the repicla block ruling and
pointed out there was no shortage of flathead blocks at his place. He told me
that he had milled, brazzed, and ground several French blocks so that they
would pass tech as original Ford blocks. But he did not want to say for whom.
He also showed me how on the rods in my Chevy, before they started converting
to inserts, they built the ID of the big end with brass brazzing. Then machined
the bore a few thousands oversize then pour the babbit. The plan was to end up
with a very thin layer of babbit so that it wouldn't pound out like normal
poured babbit will.
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive