Re: [Land-speed] Ford Flathead

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Ford Flathead
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:03:08 -0700
Interesting thought. But, I have trouble with the folk who take an old
V8 block, hog out the valley and weld in a new valley so that the
exhaust exits alongside the intake runners. Do those folk use vintage
old cast iron or new steel or?  Are cams new old stock? Or modern? How
about the head gaskets? NOS?  What exactly defines what vintage is?  Is
there a part by part list of what can or cannot be changed and who made
the list, if so?

Please note, I do not use vintage engines or parts. Other than the
discussion, I have no dog in this rumpus.

It all smacks of record protectionism to me.  But, whadda I know....

mayf