[Land-speed] Disaster strikes!

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, Tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: [Land-speed] Disaster strikes!
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 18:14:22 -0700
Here of late, I have been experiencing some serious computer issues. So
today, I decided to see if I could find the cause. I ran a program to
check for malicious software hiding in cookies and such. None found. The
I ran a Norton Internet Security  system scan (900,000 files, ouch!)
with no issues.  So then after heming and hawing I decided to do a disk
cleanup.  So I open the program files and went to accessories. I
selected disk cleanup. I let it run though the C drive  and it found
that it coul dclean around 237 MB of dsk space up. So I looked over it
carefully (but not carefully enough) and I cehcked a box that said Win
ME/Installation files.. Gulped and hit the button.  Near instant
disaster. after a second or two, the screen blinked and everything that
was not native XP disappeared! Literally.  That included all of my excel
files I developed for the web site I have, all of the speciality
programs for various folk,  all WOrd files are gone, all files under the
my douments are gone: all the pdf files I have collected for the last 10
years...  Even at that as the screen blinked, I had hit cancel hoping it
would reverse the file catastrophe that had happened. Unfortunately now.
The blasted thing also did nto creat a system restore point before doing
the dastardly deed either.  Oh, my email client also disappeared which
had my 10 years of collected tiger, alpine, and race car stuff on it.
If I didn't live on a ground floor I would jump out the window.

I am going to continue to recover this, how, I do not  know yet, but if
any of you do, please shoot me a note and tell me how.   Also, since my
address book and everything else went out with teh email client, then
how about those of you who have coresponde with me ove the years, drop
me a short email so I can add you back into a addy book.   Anybody I was
working with, please send my your addy for sure!

Dan NIcoson, send me your two email addy's?   Dave Adin?

What a mess, lol...

mayf
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html