Re: [Land-speed] Piston burning

To: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>, "LandSpeed List"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Piston burning
From: "J.D. Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:57:32 -0700
>From my experience everthing in the engine is fuel. From the liquid you pour
in the tank to all the parts it can find when it wants so more
fuel.....spark plugs, pistons, rings, valves, gaskets, etc....Seems to be a
lean/detonation experience. Most folks can't or won't pull a dyno run the
length of a 5 mile pass; it's only a tool to use. I like to start them a
little fat and without the lead where I made the best power....things change
halfway into a run and I'd rather be safe a ease into it...Good luck