Re: [Land-speed] 200 MPH Quest

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] 200 MPH Quest
From: Saltracer54@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:59:09 EST
Dick
 Glad to see you reached your goal. Good for you.Be safe, Go  Fast, have
Fun.

               Gary Ferstl

In a message dated 11/30/2010 9:52:51 A.M. Central Standard Time,
lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:

Like  many other LSR racers, I had one specific goal - - 200 mph.  I was
just
looking through my "journal" and came up with some interesting  statistics.

It took me five years to reach my goal.
It cost $31,000  in car parts.
It took eleven trips to the races.
I didn't keep records  on the cost of the trips to the races, but I'm sure
it's
over $10,000.
I bought a truck and trailer, but since they see other service, I didn't
even
figure them into the cost of the quest.
The fever started at 115,  then progressed through 149, 151, 157, 158, 171,
178, 194, 195, 199 and  finally reached 200.

Was it worth it?  Well, let me put it this  way, every time I glance over
at my
200 hat hanging on the wall, a smile  speads across my face that takes
about an
hour to go away.  I will  never forget the course workers jumping up and
down,
giving me the thumbs  up, and holding up the magic two fingers.  I will
never
forget my wife  jumping out of the tow truck at the finish line with a giant
smile and a  200 time slip.  Was it worth it?  Absolutely!

DickJ
In  East Texas