[Land-speed] Details

To: "LandSpeed List" <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Details
From: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:47:30 -0500
Dave

These are some details that maybe aren't obvious about my streamliner . The CG
is 7" ahead of the CP so spinning or crosswind weathervaning seem unlikely .
Even without the tail wings the rear wheel lateral traction is greater than
the effect of one broken front axel at full throttle in 2nd gear . In 5th gear
the downforce of the wings and the tail weight can overcome 1000# of nose
downforce . In the worst case on salt braking can't make the rear wheels lift
. An engine fire is 5 ft and 2 firewalls away from the driver . If I've missed
something please let me know .

John Burk
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html