Re: [Land-speed] Charles Nearburg

To: <NT788@comcast.net>, "sparky 2211" <sparky.2211@cox.net>, "Dave
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Charles Nearburg
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer.bryant@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 09:52:39 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Good discussion...In my case, I found that aero is paramount and having
little HP makes it easier to drive. Our car didn't go 400, but it was well
planted @ near 250 mph. We all drove with the pedal to the metal. Building
cars with too much HP just makes them more difficult to control. We carried
NOX that could have given in excess of 500 HP more, but never got to use it.
I didn't want to apply it until the car was giving me the assurance it was
performing correctly as was. I did monitor downforce/lift at both ends of
the car. It had too much down force on the front which was costing speed, I
suspect. The rear still had downforce at 245 mph. To go the speeds that we
went with the HP (dynoed @ 665 hp - speed 245 mph on gasoline) meant the car
was slippery, aero was good. Our misfortune was wind changing issues.

Tom

faint_grain.jpg]

snowy_letters_final_en.gif]
Land-speed@autox.team.net